Your business success is directly related to your ability to develop and grow relationships.
Relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, fellow business owners, the list goes on.
The better your tools are, the more effective your networking will be. In this digital age, NFC business cards bridge the gap between physical and digital, taking your networking to the next level.
This article will show you how to make NFC business cards. The information you need to collect, which providers to select, and how to get the most out of your new business card.
So let’s get networking!
Understand NFC Technology
Near Field Communication (NFC) technology allows you to share information between devices with a tap. Think apple pay, Venmo, or tapping your credit card at the grocery store.
How an NFC Business Card Works
Without getting too much into the weeds of the technology, NFC uses an electromagnetic field between two devices. When two NFC-enabled devices come together, the magnetic field causes them to exchange information quickly and securely.
An NFC business card uses an embedded NFC tag to transmit your business details. Simply tap an NFC-enabled phone to share your virtual business card.
The accompanying digital business card app shares your professional information organizes contacts, and tracks your networking efforts.
Benefits of an NFC Business Card
Traditional paper-based cards have been around forever. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
Paper cards are great and do the job, but upgrading to smart business cards has some huge advantages that are hard to beat.
- Eco-Friendly: NFC business cards are a sustainable solution, reducing the dependence on paper and the subsequent environmental impact of traditional business cards.
- Convenient: With a simple tap, your complete contact information can be shared, eliminating the need for manual data entry.
- Easy to Update: You can effortlessly update your information on your digital card—no need to reprint and redistribute new cards when your details change.
- Integration with Other Digital Platforms: Links to your website, social media profiles, and online portfolio can be embedded in your digital card, providing a holistic view of your professional brand.
- Analytics and Tracking: An NFC card can be tracked and monitored with analytics that tells you who views your profile and when.
- CRM Integration: Integrate your business card into your sales process and CRM.
- Team Management: Larger businesses can manage and track their whole team.
How To Make NFC Business Cards
1 – Choose an NFC Card Provider
The first step is to choose an NFC business card provider. There are quite a few options available. They all have different features and benefits.
NFC Business Card Providers
The best NFC digital business cards are:
There are several factors to consider when evaluating potential providers:
- Variety of Design Options: Ensure the provider offers a wide range of design options, including customization, so your card can truly represent your brand.
- User-friendly Platform: The provider should have an easy-to-use platform for creating and managing your cards, preferably with a mobile app for on-the-go accessibility.
- Reliability: Check online reviews and ratings for insights about the reliability of the provider’s service, including the durability and quality of the cards they produce.
- Customer Support: A responsive and helpful team is crucial for promptly addressing issues or queries.
- Technology Compatibility: The NFC cards should be compatible with Android and iOS devices for maximum reach.
- Price: Consider the pricing model of the provider. Some may charge a one-time fee for the card, while others require a subscription to access premium features. Make sure to choose a provider that offers good value for money.
- Data Protection: The provider should have stringent data protection and privacy measures in place to ensure the safety of your information.
- Integrations: Choose a provider with easy integration with third-party services such as CRMs, email marketing systems, and analytics tools.
Once you have chosen your NFC card provider, the next step is creating an account and designing your card.
2 – Design Your NFC Card
These high-tech alternatives to traditional paper cards can store contact information and interact directly with smartphones and other NFC-compatible physical devices. But how do you design an effective one? Let’s delve into it.
Your card is an extension of your brand. Align your custom design with your broader branding.
- Color scheme
And don’t forget the white space!
Information To Add
The information on your business card serves as a first impression and a lasting reference point for potential contacts. Let’s consider some essential details to include on your card:
- Company Name and Tagline
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Social Media Links
- Company Website
- Personal Website
- Physical Address
- Media (photos and videos)
3 – Test Your Business Card
Imagine meeting a new client; you pull out your NFC business card. The client taps it, and nothing happens.
You hastily pull your backup paper business cards from your pocket and exchange business cards.
You only get one chance to make a first impression!
Test your business card to ensure the NFC features work with both Android phones and phones. Check how your card looks in the app and to potential clients.
Have someone review your personal information. Nothing beats a second pair of eyes to check your editing.
Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Innovative Ways To Use Your NFC Business Card
NFC business cards are a great way to stand out and give your professional image an edge. There are several ways to maximize its potential:
- Introduce interactive elements such as videos, animations, or game-like experiences that attract customers and keep them engaged for longer.
- Share personalized offers or loyalty programs with NFC business cards.
- Use NFC-enabled websites to provide convenient access to contact information, web forms, and more.
- Leverage geo-targeted notifications for customers who are in a specific location.
- Provide real-time data or analytics about your customer base.
- Utilize NFC business cards for online payments or rewards such as discounts, vouchers, and even free products.
- Integrate with social media platforms to share content and generate leads.
- Leverage customer feedback mechanisms like surveys or polls.
Take your networking to the next level and make a lasting impression on your customers and clients.
How do NFC business cards work?
NFC business cards use Near Field Communication technology to transfer data when in proximity to a compatible device, like a smartphone. The NFC tag embedded in the business card transmits your information to an NFC-enabled device.
Do NFC business cards work?
Absolutely. When tapped against an NFC-compatible device, the card instantly shares your digital information. NFC tags are an easy way to share contact information quickly and have been used by the banking industry for years.
How much does it cost to make an NFC card?
The cost varies based on design and provider but expects to pay between $1-$5 per card for bulk orders.
How are smart business cards made?
Smart Business Cards are created by embedding an NFC chip into a traditional paper or plastic card during manufacturing.
Forging and nurturing relationships is at the core of business success. From clients and employees to suppliers and fellow entrepreneurs, the foundation of your success depends upon the strength of your network.
Smart business cards redefine networking, seamlessly integrate the tangible with the virtual, and propel your professional connections into new dimensions.
NFC business cards are eco-friendly, easy to share, and allow you to update your details. With built-in analytics and CRM integration, these cards offer insights into your network’s engagement, enabling you to refine your approach and deepen your connections.
Designing your NFC card demands a strategic blend of branding elements, color schemes, fonts, images, and ample white space. It’s not just a card; it’s a visual representation of your professional identity, making a lasting statement about who you are and what you offer.
Build the foundation of your professional success, one NFC tap at a time, and create your own NFC business card today.